Image Map

Friday, June 01, 2007

Colbert...AND Amy Sedaris

The Grand Central launch party was all snazz. And did manage to meet Colbert. Started by asking about comics, then stumbled through thanking him for mentioning The Book of Fate on his show. With each second tick I embarrassed myself more. A full 30 seconds of just fawning. I was 17 again -- talking to the pretty girl and regretting every word that left my lips.

BUT...got to meet Amy Sedaris, who I was told was hysterical in person, and who was honestly one of the funniest people I've ever met. Truly. And I'm a comic snob and don't toss words like that lightly. Made my entire weekend.

Otherwise, saw lots of authors and stole lots of books (AJ Jacobs, The Year of Living Biblically -- go AJ).

Thanks to all who came to the DC booth and the Grand Central booths for signings. Made me feel so lucky all over again.

B

2 comments:

Colin said...

I swear, Stephen Colbert is my White Whale. Couldn't get within 15 feet of him.

Anonymous said...

I adore Amy Sedaris. And the meatloaf recipe in her new book is really good.