Image Map

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meltzer's Greatest Dance Mix

Last night was my wife's 40th -- and in honor of it, I spent the afternoon reassembling the original greatest dance mix known to humankind -- the mix that was used in every single college party I was at: Please Meltz Don't Hurt Em.


Admittedly, it was missing a few of the songs from the seminal mixes -- Meltz E. Fresh -- and the controversial Meltz E. Soul (c'mon, iTunes, like I'm gonna buy the whole De La Soul album to get one song. I forever boycott such dickishness).


But with this, you will be able to recapture your youth. Special thanks to the Notorious W.E.I.S.S for helping recreate it (it was like building Frankenstein -- with lighting and thunder and extra Miami beats). Enjoy the weekend. And notice how I slowed it down in the end...just for you...




Please Meltz Don't Hurt Em - Greatest Dance Mix to Humankind by Brad Meltzer:



  • Apache, The Sugarhill Gang
  • Supersonic, J.J. Fad
  • Bust a move
  • IT takes two
  • Baby got back
  • Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
  • Peter Piper, Run-DMC
  • Joy and Pain
  • Party Up, DMX
  • Big Pimpin', Jay-Z
  • It's Tricky, Run-DMC
  • Work It, Missy Elliott
  • Poison, Bell Biv DeVoe
  • Mercy (feat. The Game)vDuffy
  • Let Me Clear My Throat, DJ Kool
  • Throw the 'D', 2 Live Crew
  • Give It to Me (feat. Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado), Timbaland
  • The Show, Doug E. Fresh
  • Kiss, Prince And The Revolution
  • O.P.P.
  • Creep
  • Shoop
  • Tootsie Roll, Boyz
  • Just a Friend, Biz Markie
  • Keep On Movin', Soul II Soul
  • Double Dutch Bus, Frankie Smith
  • Going Back to Cali, LL Cool J
  • Rapper's Delight, The Sugarhill Gang

4 comments:

Hugh said...

Hmmm...

Feels like it needs a little Jam on It by Newcleus.

Just sayin'. :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

Add "Push It" (just because of that Nextel commercial), "Pump Up the Volume" by M.A.R.R.S. and there needs to be some Beastie Boys in there.

Tim Hicks said...

I love that you put "Trow Da "D" in by 2live crew in the mix... but what I wanta know is which "Creep", Radiohead?