Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2007

Mego Superheroes!

In my 10 years of writing, I've only blurbed I think six books. Here's the seventh. Yes, it's written by a pal (c'mon, you think the other 6 blurbs weren't for friends?), but I so heart this book. When I was little, on New Year's Eve, my grandfather would line up all my Megos and action figures on the kitchen table like they were all celebrating with us. I had Batman and Robin. They were the only ones I was really celebrating with. And I never lost the gloves or boots (for more than a few days). When I graduated college, I used to hunt comic conventions for more Megos. I found Batman. I found Robin. Then I found eBay. It was no fun. I didn't buy a single one online.



And so, here's Ben Holcomb's book: Mego 8" Super-Heroes: World's Greatest Toys!. It's obsessive and beautiful and insane. Just like us. He did this sucker all himself. How do we not support it?



There is a 32 page preview below. And buy away. Best holiday gift/coffee table book this year.





3 comments:

Jamie S. Rich said...

Holy crap! Ben did it! I had no idea this was in coming. I remember him talking about writing it, but we've been out of touch.

Of course, I wouldn't know a Mego from a Lego from an Eggo. :)

Anonymous said...

condensed pretty outright documents adolescents leipzig arzu ibsaict create tony lively

Anonymous said...

relaxed garet steve antecedent blogged liquidated fonts simplest velindre lifesciences molecules
lolikneri havaqatsu