Image Map

Friday, January 04, 2008

What I Believe - Iowa Edition

Sometimes I forget how much I love politics. Sure, it's so easy to hate it and dismiss it and point out all its obvious pimples and flaws. But what I loved about last night in Iowa -- and I say this to both sides, from Huckabee to Obama -- I just love when it's clear that the people rule this country. Sure, big business will come and crap on it in the end, but I just love when the underdogs take down the sure things, and when dreaming and believing beats callous sound-bite advisors. It's why McCain and Huckabee and Obama will continue to roll. I respect every single person running for President, but what I care about most -- more than anything in politics -- is the belief that genuine big dreams cannot be contained. By anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree with you one hundred percent.