Image Map

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vote On The New Title

Here we go... For those new here, welcome to a true tradition. For seven books now, we've voted on the new novel's title. That's right. Democracy.



It's how Addison's Judgment became The Tenth Justice, and how The Fiddler's Three became The Book of Fate.



So.



Screw the primaries. Let's vote on something that really matters. Like imaginary people. And thrillers. And stuff like that.



Just please vote for which title you like best (and try to make up your mind before you see the replies below. Or better yet, send it to me at: bradmeltzer27 at bellsouth dot net). No, it doesn't matter what the book's about. I'll tell you later. Just pick what you'd rather read:


THE BOOK OF TRUTH



or



THE BOOK OF LIES



Okay, that's it. You've made your decision, just send it. Don't overthink it. And thank you thank you thank you for putting up with such nonsense. I keep telling myself that this isn't the way to do this, but if it ain't broke, cliché, cliché, cliché.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOK OF LIES! BOOK OF LIES!!!!!!!!!! I'd much rather read scandal than something potentially positive. Isn't that terrible???

WILLIAM said...

Book of Lies. Or better yet...Lord of the Lies.....(Joke)

Anonymous said...

Book of lies.

Anonymous said...

Book of Lies

Anonymous said...

I would say - The Book of Truth.
I think anything positive is better then anything negative.

Anonymous said...

Lies. Sounds more scandalous.

Howie Kaplan said...

Book of Truth.
"Book of Lies" sounds like too honest a title. With a name like "Book of Truth," you sorta know to expect anything but.
And if your next novel is a political thriller like so many of your others, a little misdirection seems in character.

SharonPeters said...

Truth. it follows fate better.

Anonymous said...

First impression: The Book of Lies sounded a bit more hack [yes I know its an overused term] than The Book of Truth.

Second Impression: The title "The Book of Truth" implied to me a more multi-layered, complex mystery/puzzle. There can be different versions of the truth; half-truths; inaccuracies that people believe are true, lies presented as truth, etc.

The title "The Book of Lies" doesn't create any curiosity in my mind. The only question that came to my mind was, "who is lying about what now?" and my mind quickly responded, "Pretty much everybody in a position of power lies about everything", yeah I/we get it - -people lie, next...

Third Impression: I googled both titles hoping to get a possible clue as to the book's subject matter and there seemed to already be a number of books titled "Book of Lies". To me, this weighs in favor of The Book of Truth.

Regardless of the title, I will be pre-ordering it when it is available. Thanks for listening to my two-cents.

Mitchum said...

Book of Truth...all the way. We need some optimism.

Anonymous said...

Book of Lies. Book of Truth sounds hackneyed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad,

Isn't the "Book of.." titles kind of played?

How about

BRAD MELTZER - THE TRUTH IN LIES

or

BRAD MELTZER - TRUTH AND LIES


Your old nemesis,
Markus "The Corrector" Diersbock

scubajoe said...

BOOK OF LIES
no matter what the subject!

Halla said...

BOOK OF LIES! Is this a sequel?

Anonymous said...

Book of Lies, for sure!

Anonymous said...

THE BOOK OF LIES

Anonymous said...

The Book of Truth. Definitely.

Anonymous said...

Day late, Dollar short! I'd go for Book of Lies. It may seem silly but I'd rather read what is thought to be Truth and secretly are Lies than waste time arguing why What I thought were lies is actually truth.

Everyone loves a secret
No one likes to be preached at