Image Map

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Happys

Just swelling with some pent up love and thanks for you all. I get mushy this time of year. I'm soft. I'm okay with it. And this morning, I got an email from a younger writer friend who's still trying to break into the novel world. His first novel is being rejected in lots of places. Just like mine. But he's still starting the next one. I can't tell you how much I hope you do the same in your own life. Never never never never let anyone tell you no. It's the only reason I'm so lucky to sit here today typing this instead of still scooping ice cream. So dream big. And love what you love. And thanks for checking in.



Also, early present: got this image from the Italian publisher of an Alan Moore tribute book I contributed to.



Gabriele Dell'Otto did it over Dave Gibbons's pencils.



Gabriele Dellotto

You can see the credits of the book here: (all profits donated/to be donated to AIMA, Italian Alzheimer org. Just a print run of 1,000 copies for the Italian market.)



And something about the Dell'Otto illo creation here:

1 comment:

Yorick Montjoy said...

I am fascinated by your background, especially since I was also a law school student (blogger won't let me emphasize the past tense as much as I would like). For me, the infamous 1L quickly returned me to my senses and I left with what little humanity remained.

I agree that writers must mentally push past the nay-sayers, but how do you get off of the starting block safely? Are short stories an easier conduit into the writing arena than a full-blown novel?