Image Map

Friday, September 08, 2006

Brad on a racecar. Really. On it.

Of all the dumb cool things that’ve ever happened to me, from Woody Allen to well, my entire career, this is one of the most insane.

The Book of Fate on the #12 car for Fitz-Bradshaw Racing. It’s in the NASCAR Busch Series, and if Fitz-Bradshaw wins today in Richmond when this sucker hits the racetrack, we’re all getting cool jumpsuits!

Needless to say, my recent NASCAR obsession comes from my son, which is why I put it in Chapter 1 of the novel. But the true thrill from being involved with NASCAR has been my friendship with racing legend Mike Calinoff. He’s the one in the President’s limo in Chapter 1, but he’s also one of the truly nicest people I’ve ever met.

Go support him, and go support David Stremme.

And Mike, if the #12 wins today…Oy…

Brad


No comments: